Friday, April 23, 2021

Miniature Quilts Galore! part 3

Miniature quilts are some of the most fun projects we've seen.  In these quilts the traditional blocks are reduced to a fraction of their traditional size. They are technically challenging, visually intriguing, and much easier to display than a regular quilt!

p.s. Check out our eBay shop for great bargains on books, magazines, and collectible items. For free quilt inspiration, please visit us on Twitter.

Annabelle by Kellie Willey

 In our opinion, this little quilt is a masterpiece. Kellie Willey says, "I wanted to make quilt in honor of my Grandmother, Annabelle, who was a quilter.  She owned a velvet and satin crazy quilt and I decided to make a miniature version. Friends contributed velvet, taffetta and embellishments."

Kellie continues, "Most of the blocks were made using ties that belonged to my husband and my father.  Charms and buttons were collected during my travels and I found many of the stitching ideas online and in books."  Kellie is the owner of Little Quilt Creations; please visit her website for inspiration, lessons and patterns for miniature quilts.

Image credits:  Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2020 Road to California quilt show.

1 comment:

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails