Friday, October 21, 2022

Happy Halloween

Happy (upcoming) Halloween! Here's a tribute to the spirits and spookiness of Halloween season.

Lydia's Halloween by Brenda L. Ziegler (California), quilted by May Gaspay

Brenda notes, "In order to make my first Halloween quilt, I chose a panel, planning to cut out the silhouetted witch. I liked the full panel so much that my design grew out of it. I was inspired to offset the various Halloween images whimsically bordering the panel by a Connie Bowles quilt pattern."

Close-up, Lydia's Halloween

This longarm quilting pattern is perfect for this design, as it looks like rays of ethereal light emanating from a large moon hidden in a misty sky. Brenda's creative original design is machine pieced.

Image credits: Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2022 Pacific International Quilt Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails