Saturday, October 10, 2026

Grasses

Grasses is the perfect name for this modern quilt... we can almost see the long grasses blowing in the wind! Pip Porter explains that this quilt was improvisationally pieced with cotton and linen fabrics. Grasses was quilted on a longarm with organic lines using variegated and plain cotton threads.

p.s. Check out our E-Bay shop for bargains on jewelry, clothing, and collectibles. For free patterns, follow us on X/Twitter!    

Grasses, made and quilted by Pip Porter (Aberfoyle Park, Australia) @mizrini

 
A member of the Melbourne (Australia) Modern Quilt Guild, Pip Porter says: "I lost my motivation a while back so committed to 15 minutes of improv piecing each day. A couple of weeks later I had a pile of improv strips and started piecing them together until they were used up and I had regained my motivation."  See the closeup photo below showing the interesting modern prints and hand-quilted details. 
 
 

Image credits: Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2025 QuiltCon show in Phoenix, Arizona. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails