Thursday, November 5, 2020

Autumn Baltimore

November is here, and we thought we'd revisit a favorite quilt photo from years past. We hope that quilting - and the enjoyment of nature - provide you with inspiration, peace, and a respite from these difficult times. 

Autumn Baltimore, 71 x 71", by Sue Green, California


Sue writes, " A friend and I purchased this Baltimore Autumn pattern by Pearl Pereira together at PIQF in October 2013 from one of the many wonderful vendors. I love needle-turn applique and prefer working with batiks, as they don't fray when trimming and clipping."

Close-up, Autumn Baltimore by Sue Green


Sue continues, "This was my first ever Baltimore album style quilt and a real challenge to get it completed for this year. It hangs in my dining room from September through Thanksgiving. " We can only imagine the hours of loving work that went into this stunning quilt, a true heirloom. Color saturated batiks fabrics work perfectly to convey the intensity of autumn hues.  Sue's work here is hand-appliqued, machine pieced, and long arm machine quilted.

Image credits:  Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2015 Pacific International Quilt Festival.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen an Autumn Baltimore quilt before, this is amazing. I love the detail. Are there many Autumn Baltimore Quilt patterns available to purchase? I must Google it. Not sure I'll find any here in the U.K.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails