Friday, October 13, 2023

Pieced Feathers

Are you incorporating orange and other autumn colors into your current projects? Here is a contemporary quilt that highlights glorious feathers in warm hues. Even better, this quilt is made from scraps! We love the repetitive motion of the straight, staggered feathers.

p.s. Please see our E-Bay shop for great bargains on patterns and vintage collectibles. For continuous free quilt patterns and blog updates, please visit us on Twitter.

Sonoran Feathers by JoAnn Hinchliffe

 JoAnn says, "I love scrap quilts, so when I saw this pattern online, I knew I had to make it.  Even the black background is scraps! It sure seems that no matter how many scrap quilts I make, my stash doesn't seem to get any smaller... but I'll keep trying!" (Note: Sonoran Feathers was based on the Arctic Feather pattern by Elizabeth Hartman.)


Image credits: Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2023 Quilt Fiesta in Tucson, Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails