Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Twelve days of Christmas Quilts: Winter Memories

Christmas 2015 is drawing near, and we wanted to share some of the amazing, gorgeous Christmas quilts we've seen this year. Thanks to the many quilters who have inspired us with their creations!  Here is Day Three of  our series: Twelve Days of Christmas Quilts.

Winter Memories by Barbara Purser, design by Sue Garman


This quilt is entirely pieced and it is filled with three-dimensional motifs (floppy hats and beards and scarves). Barbara Purser says, "Winter Memories was the most fun quilt I have ever made. I didn’t want to do anything but work on it, mark it, quilt it and finish it. I only had to buy the backing and border fabrics. I used scraps and fabrics in my stash for the rest. I loved every moment of it."   Barbara quilted it by hand. 




The patterns for Winter Memories - the complete pattern set, as well as individual blocks - are available at Sue Garman's website, Come Quilt.


Image credits:  Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2015 Springville, Utah quilt show.

2 comments:

  1. So Stunning and love the Santa´s details,anyone is so cute.Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am attracted to quilts made up of different sized blocks. These are ever so charming. I don't usually like three dimensional works but that amount is so well done and just the right amount to add a bit of texture right down to the bell on Santa's hat.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails