Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Kaffe Fassett Quilt Inspiration: Double Wedding Ring

Kaffe Fassett has inspired people across the world with his creative, colorful fabrics and designs. We love this contemporary Double Wedding Ring quilt which showcases Kaffe Fassett stripes with plaids.

p.s. Please see our E-Bay shop for great bargains on patterns and vintage collectibles. For continuous free quilt patterns and blog updates, please visit us on Twitter.

My First Double Wedding Ring by Lisa Mason, quilted by Rachael Dorr (Connecticut)

Lisa Mason explains her inspiration: "I had been saving these Kaffe Fassett stripes and plaids for a long time and decided to mix them up with peppered cottons. I used the Double Wedding Ring because I thought the linear lines of the fabrics would pair well with the curved piecing. I wanted it to be a mix of color, pattern, and gradation."

This modern take on a Double Wedding Ring design was inspired by Victoria Findlay Wolfe's Double Wedding Ring book. Lisa Mason says, "I love the effect I achieved by starting with the warm colors in the center and working out to the cool colors on the edges. I let Rachael Dorr quilt it any way she wanted, and the effect is wonderful."   

p.s. Check out our FREE PATTERN DAYS for Double Wedding Ring quilts & Kaffe Fassett quilts: (CLICK HERE for Double Wedding Ring Quilts) + (CLICK HERE for Kaffe Fassett Quilts

 


Image credits: Photos of My First Double Wedding Ring were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2017 Houston International Quilt Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails