Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Masquerade

The Pacific International Quilt Festival is held annually in Santa Clara, California. This year's show included over 400 quilts. We're featuring some of our favorite works of art from the show.

p.s. check out our E-Bay shop for great bargains on quilt patterns, fabric, and vintage jewelry!
For continuous free quilt patterns, please visit us on Twitter.

The Year of the Masks, 86 x 86.6", by Rhonda Montgomery (Utah), quilted by Charlene Nelson

Winner of 1st Place in the Innovative Quilt category, Rhonda Montgomery says: "This quilt adventure began in 1990 at a Superbowl in New Orleans. I fell in love with the masquerade masks I saw and knew one day I would make a quilt with masks."  We empathize with the message on the quilt: "Masquerading as normal is exhausting."

Rhonda continues, "I also love making wearable art but am too afraid to wear it.  I thought about the masks we hide behind and decided to make a quilt combining the two ideas.  I wish I could always be the girl in the mirror." 


The Year of the Masks was machine pieced, hand appliqued, and longarm machine quilted by Charlene Nelson.

Image credits: Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2022 Pacific International Quilt Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails