Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Schweizer Stitch

This stunning red-and-white quilt features counted cross stitch embroidery. There is so much precision, beauty, and incredible detail to admire in each of these embroidered blocks!

Also check out our E-Bay shop for great bargains on patterns, fabric, and vintage collectibles. For more free quilt patterns, please visit us on Twitter.

Schweizer Stitch by Rebecca Buchert (Salt Lake City, Utah)

The quilt maker, Rebecca Buchert says: "This quilt was inspired by my parents.  My father loved traditional Swiss counted cross stitch and after he passed away, I found two of these squares among the items he had stitched.  Like me, my mother is partial to repeated geometric shapes.  She also likes restrained color palettes and classic designs. The work incorporates interests and styles of the home I come from into a quilted fiber art form that I love... I loved the idea of combining their art forms with mine."



Image credits
: Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2022 Springville (Utah) quilt show.

2 comments:

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails